People arrived for worship on Easter Sunday with daffodils which were arranged into a striking display of a cross at the front of the church. At the end of the service the cross was placed outside the front of the church.
In the afternoon spring plants were taken to some of our members who couldn’t make it to church.
* ‘Oor wee school is a great wee school.’ Give thanks for the community of staff, pupils and parents at Dalreoch Primary School, for their commitment and all that they have achieved
* There has been uncertainty over the future of the school. Give thanks for those who have coped with that uncertainty, while providing a positive learning environment for the children. Pray for them as they plan for the future
* Give thanks for all that the children have learned at school this year – not just the knowledge but the skills and life skills. Pray that they will continue to want to learn and to grow and develop as members of the school community
* Pray for the children moving on at the end of term, and for those starting at Dalreoch after the summer
Dumbarton Churches Together – “Prom Praise” evening at St Augustine’s Church, 7:30pm
Monday 30th March, 7pm – Joint Service at the West Kirk
Tuesday 31st March, 7pm – Joint Service at St Andrew’s Bellsmyre
Wednesday 1st April, 7pm – Joint Service at Dalreoch (Ian Johnson preaching)
Thursday 2nd April, 1pm – Joint Communion service at the West Kirk
Thursday 2nd April, 7pm – Joint Service at St Augustine’s (Passover mean, Communion, Stripping the church)
Friday 3rd April, 11am – DCT Walk of Witness
Friday 3rd April, 12 noon – Joint Service in the High Street
Friday 3rd April, 7pm – Joint Communion service at Riverside (Brian Rodgers preaching)
We welcomed boys from all over the battalion yesterday for the church service in Riverside, followed by the march down the High Street accompanied by pipes & drums.
Our own 1st/2nd Dumbarton Company performed well in the following competitions recently
– congratulations to all who took part:
- 1st Bible competition
- 1st Swimming Gala
- 1st P.E competition
- 3rd Model Making competition
- 3rd Bible competition
- Took part in National Cross Country finals
Dumbarton Churches Together will hold a special service celebrating St Patrick on the site of the medieval chapel at Dumbarton Rock At 12 noon on Saturday 14th March Spaces are limited so names please to Tim Rhead (contact details via Riverside church office)
This year Heart & Soul will be on 17th May in Edinburgh.
As usual we will be organising a bus if there is enough interest from Dumbarton folk. Names ASAP to Riverside Church Office.
Find out more at www.heartandsoul2015.org.uk
6th March 2015, 14:30 at The West Kirk