Another great event on 9th May at Messy Church – here are a few photos:
From May to August 2015 Riverside services will be at the earlier time of 10am on Sundays.
For more details view the Service Times page here:
* Give thanks for those who come to Messy Church and obviously enjoy it. Some are part of the Sunday worshipping community, some go to other churches, some don’t have much of a church connection. Pray that the links will become stronger and that all may be drawn into the life of the wider church
* Give thanks for those who organise it and lead the different activities. Pray that others may become involved in the planning and leading – both to include them, and to enable us to have Messy Church more often Factbox Messy Church happens once a quarter in Riverside on either a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon. It is intended to be an event for families
The principles behind organising Messy Church are: Family, Friendship, Food, Fun, Faith, Flexibility and Fruitfulness or to put it another way:
– it is for all ages, not just children
– it is about creativity, not just crafts
– it is about worship and community, not a bridge to ‘real church’
– it aims for transformation of family life, not just fun for kids
– its hospitality is part of its outreach, not just an inducement to come
Heart and Soul 2015 is a large-scale celebratory event organised by the Church of Scotland. It coincides with the beginning of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland taking place nearby.
The event is designed to celebrate the life and work of the church in Scotland. It’s free to attend and all are welcome!
Riverside are organising a bus to the event again this year; the cost of the bus will be dependent on the number going – the more that do go, the cheaper it will be!
Watch a video highlighting some of last year’s key moments here: http://www.heartandsoul2015.org.uk/promote
People arrived for worship on Easter Sunday with daffodils which were arranged into a striking display of a cross at the front of the church. At the end of the service the cross was placed outside the front of the church.
In the afternoon spring plants were taken to some of our members who couldn’t make it to church.
* ‘Oor wee school is a great wee school.’ Give thanks for the community of staff, pupils and parents at Dalreoch Primary School, for their commitment and all that they have achieved
* There has been uncertainty over the future of the school. Give thanks for those who have coped with that uncertainty, while providing a positive learning environment for the children. Pray for them as they plan for the future
* Give thanks for all that the children have learned at school this year – not just the knowledge but the skills and life skills. Pray that they will continue to want to learn and to grow and develop as members of the school community
* Pray for the children moving on at the end of term, and for those starting at Dalreoch after the summer