On St Columba’s Day (9 June) Dumbarton Churches Together, through their Dumbarton Christian Heritage project, invited all P7 children from Dumbarton schools to visit the Castle together and learn about the town’s history. Lovely sunny day. Provost and Keeper of the Castle attended a short service where children from the school expressed their hopes for the present and future in their prayers.
images now online here
Another great event on 9th May at Messy Church – here are a few photos:
From May to August 2015 Riverside services will be at the earlier time of 10am on Sundays.
For more details view the Service Times page here:
* Give thanks for those who come to Messy Church and obviously enjoy it. Some are part of the Sunday worshipping community, some go to other churches, some don’t have much of a church connection. Pray that the links will become stronger and that all may be drawn into the life of the wider church
* Give thanks for those who organise it and lead the different activities. Pray that others may become involved in the planning and leading – both to include them, and to enable us to have Messy Church more often Factbox Messy Church happens once a quarter in Riverside on either a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon. It is intended to be an event for families
The principles behind organising Messy Church are: Family, Friendship, Food, Fun, Faith, Flexibility and Fruitfulness or to put it another way:
– it is for all ages, not just children
– it is about creativity, not just crafts
– it is about worship and community, not a bridge to ‘real church’
– it aims for transformation of family life, not just fun for kids
– its hospitality is part of its outreach, not just an inducement to come
Heart and Soul 2015 is a large-scale celebratory event organised by the Church of Scotland. It coincides with the beginning of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland taking place nearby.
The event is designed to celebrate the life and work of the church in Scotland. It’s free to attend and all are welcome!
Riverside are organising a bus to the event again this year; the cost of the bus will be dependent on the number going – the more that do go, the cheaper it will be!
Watch a video highlighting some of last year’s key moments here: http://www.heartandsoul2015.org.uk/promote