We are pleased to announce that we are now looking for applications for the new role of “Pastoral Assistant”. This is a Church of Scotland Ministries Council Appointment but the successful candidate will be responsible to the local Parish Minister in Dumbarton in the first instance.
The main purpose of post is to provide pastoral assistance to the congregations and parishes of Dumbarton: Riverside linked with Dumbarton: St Andrew’s Bellsmyre linked with Dumbarton: West Kirk.
- Participate in the Dumbarton Linkage ministry team under the leadership of the parish minister
- To assist the minister in a range of pastoral, congregational and community related duties
- Support, develop and provide leadership to those involved in pastoral care in the congregations
- Share in the provision of pastoral care to the Congregations and Parishes
- Visit elderly/housebound and hospitalised members and others
- Conduct funerals and funeral visits as requested by the minister
- Participate in/conduct care home services as required
- Communicate to the Kirk Session and congregation, information and vision for the work at least half yearly
- Contribute fully to the Ministries Council appraisal process
- Undertake other such duties as may be required from time to time by the parish minister
Salary: £24,277 – £27,432 pro-rata
Informal enquiries can be made to Rev Ian Johnson, 01389 726685 through the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Church of Scotland website churchofscotland.org.uk/about_us/vacancies_and_volunteering/ministries_council_vacancies or on the Good Moves website: goodmoves.org.uk/vacancy/33915-pastoral-assistant-dumbarton-linkage