Lord Jesus, we wish you would ride into our town, that crowds would welcome you with shouts of “Praise God” – but maybe you would weep over it, as you Jerusalem. We pray for our town and all who live here
- You drove out the money-changers in the Temple, you created mayhem. You hate corruption, you hate systems that exclude people. You do something about it. Stir us up to action for change
- You challenged your disciples to have faith. You challenged them to pray earnestly. Help us to do both
- You faced up to questioners bombarding you from all sides. Often we dodge getting involved in discussions/arguments about our faith. Help us to stop dodging the issue, and help us to be ready to learn more about our faith so that we are not so vulnerable when we do get caught up in arguments
- You met with your friends for the Passover meal, when the past, the present and the future come together as God’s mighty act of salvation is remembered and celebrated. As we share in bread and wine may we be aware of what you did, of your presence with us now, and your promises for the future
- In the face of your suffering and love what we say. Forgive us
- As the disciples were filled with despair by what happened, may we be filled with hope, with courage, with renewed commitment
Riverside Ramblers, our walking group, have updated their timetable for 2017-2018.
Find out more at:
||Balloch bridge – Bonhill bridge + return
||Newark Castle, Port Glasgow
||5 Jan 18
||Dinner – Stables
Only installed yesterday, we now have bright and attractive professionally designed signs and noticeboards facing Church Street, Castle Street and the High Street, helping to keep everyone up to date on the many activities and events going on at the Church and in the halls.
New indoor signs to match have also been installed to help people find their way around our Church and halls complex.
Many thanks to our member Simon for helping to organise and to Davina and her colleagues at West Dunbartonshire Council (see West Dunbartonshire Council Information and Updates) for their help in getting generous financial assistance from the Common Good Fund.
With the new Council offices under construction, the start of the development at the harbour site next door and plans for new shops along Castle Street, the whole area around our Church is under development, and will hopefully help to re-vitalise Dumbarton Town centre
Click here to see more photos on our facbook page
- We give thanks for the young people in Rainbows, Brownies and Guides. We pray that they will continue to enjoy belonging to the group, and the wider movement
- Give thanks for the commitment of the leaders, which involves much more than just turning up one evening a week!
1st Dumbarton Rainbows Mondays 6-7pm Riverside
1st Dumbarton Brownies Wednesdays 6.30-7.45pm Riverside
1st Dumbarton Guides Wednesday 7.45-9.30pm Riverside
2nd Dumbarton Guides Thursday 7.30-9.30pm Riverside
7th Dumbarton Rainbows Tuesdays 6-7.15pm West Kirk
7th Dumbarton Brownies Thursdays 6.15-7.45pm West Kirk
7th Dumbarton Guides Thursdays 7.45-9.30pm West Kirk