A huge thanks to David from BT who re-connected our line – telephone and email connections are back to normal now, although with Margaret being on holiday from this afternoon the office will be closed until 25th April. Messages are being checked as normal.
Lord Jesus, we wish you would ride into our town, that crowds would welcome you with shouts of “Praise God” – but maybe you would weep over it, as you Jerusalem. We pray for our town and all who live here
- You drove out the money-changers in the Temple, you created mayhem. You hate corruption, you hate systems that exclude people. You do something about it. Stir us up to action for change
- You challenged your disciples to have faith. You challenged them to pray earnestly. Help us to do both
- You faced up to questioners bombarding you from all sides. Often we dodge getting involved in discussions/arguments about our faith. Help us to stop dodging the issue, and help us to be ready to learn more about our faith so that we are not so vulnerable when we do get caught up in arguments
- You met with your friends for the Passover meal, when the past, the present and the future come together as God’s mighty act of salvation is remembered and celebrated. As we share in bread and wine may we be aware of what you did, of your presence with us now, and your promises for the future
- In the face of your suffering and love what we say. Forgive us
- As the disciples were filled with despair by what happened, may we be filled with hope, with courage, with renewed commitment
Riverside Ramblers, our walking group, have updated their timetable for 2017-2018.
Find out more at:
||Balloch bridge – Bonhill bridge + return
||Newark Castle, Port Glasgow
||5 Jan 18
||Dinner – Stables