a reminder that there will be a joint service at the West Kirk, 110:30am, for Thinking Day – no service at Riverside this week.
Communion will be at 10am in Riverside on Sunday 4th March.
The funeral of Alex Miller will be at 3:15pm on Thursday 15th November 2018 at Cardross Crematorium.
The funeral of Alan Prior will take place on Monday 19th February 2018. There will be a service at Riverside Parish Church from 12 noon then at Cardross Crematorium at 1:15pm
Sunday 24th December
11.30am Joint service at the West Kirk with the Choir and Sunday Schools
7pm Family Service at Riverside
From 10:30pm Carols, tea & coffee in Riverside Church
11:30pm Joint Watchnight Service at Riverside
Monday 25th December
10:30am Join service at the West Kirk
We are pleased to announce that we are now looking for applications for the new role of “Pastoral Assistant”. This is a Church of Scotland Ministries Council Appointment but the successful candidate will be responsible to the local Parish Minister in Dumbarton in the first instance.
The main purpose of post is to provide pastoral assistance to the congregations and parishes of Dumbarton: Riverside linked with Dumbarton: St Andrew’s Bellsmyre linked with Dumbarton: West Kirk.
The main duties will be:
- Participate in the Dumbarton Linkage ministry team under the leadership of the parish minister
- To assist the minister in a range of pastoral, congregational and community related duties
- Support, develop and provide leadership to those involved in pastoral care in the congregations
- Share in the provision of pastoral care to the Congregations and Parishes
- Visit elderly/housebound and hospitalised members and others
- Conduct funerals and funeral visits as requested by the minister
- Participate in/conduct care home services as required
- Communicate to the Kirk Session and congregation, information and vision for the work at least half yearly
- Contribute fully to the Ministries Council appraisal process
- Undertake other such duties as may be required from time to time by the parish minister
Salary: £24,277 – £27,432 pro-rata
Informal enquiries can be made to Rev Ian Johnson, 01389 726685 through the church office at email@example.com or via the Church of Scotland website churchofscotland.org.uk/about_us/vacancies_and_volunteering/ministries_council_vacancies or on the Good Moves website: goodmoves.org.uk/vacancy/33915-pastoral-assistant-dumbarton-linkage
Closing date is 12 noon Wednesday 20 December 2017