Church & Hall Caretaker Required
Part-time, based on 15 hours per week
Church and Halls Caretaker – Remit:
- Opening halls for organisations and meetings
- Setting up / putting by, tables and chairs for groups and organisations
- Keep a check on the Church and Halls. Report to the appropriate persons any health & safety or cleaning issues.
- Church Heating. Make sure that it is on/ set for Halls and Church
- Attending to the Church grounds: cutting grass, weeding, collecting litter, clearing paths etc
- Keep the Church Cupboards in kitchen, under stairs etc clean and tidy.
- Putting out the bins for refuse collection
- Checking the halls and church are secure and alarm is set before leaving
- And any other reasonable duties required
Rate of pay:
This is a part-time post, equivalent to 15 hours per week worked flexibly over the course of the year. Living wage rate.
6 weeks per annum (including public holidays)
Evening/weekend work will be required
Application Form in Microsoft Word Format – Click here to download
Application Form in PDF Format – Click here to download
Completed application form should be signed and returned to:
or by post to:
Riverside Parish Church
Dumbarton G82 1NB
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th July 2018
Please see the following pages:
With John R Turner (Organist Emeritus, Glasgow Cathedral) and Susan Turner (Soprano).
- Tickets cost £7 which includes a light supper.
The programme includes:
Fanfare for the Corontation of Poppea – Claudio Monteverdi
Allegretto from the 4th Symphony – Felix Mendelssohn
How beautifull are the feet
He shall feed his flock / Come unto Him ) Messiah – George Frideric Handel
Toccata, Adagio & Fugue in C, BWV 564 – Johann Sebastian Back
The Swan (Carvnival des Animaux) – Camille Saint-Saux
Scherzetto, from the Sonata – Percy Whitlock
Five Pieces from the Water Music and Music for the Royal Fireworks – George Frideric Handel
Minuet in F
Allegro in D
Let the bright seraphim their angel-trumpet blow – Handel
Our new Pastoral Assistant, Maureen Burke, will start in Dumbarton this week. Splitting her time between the three congregations in Dumbarton, Maureen completes our ministry team following the triple linkage (Riverside, West Kirk and St Andrews), and we extend a very warm welcome to her as she starts her new role during this particularly cold end to March 2018.
She is currently a Family Support Worker with Carnwadric Win project (run by Carnwadric Parish Church). She qualified as a psychiatric nurse, worked for a time with the Health Board and then in the charitable sector including two overseas placements: one in the West Indies as a Church of Scotland partner, and then in Erbil, Iraq – until she was evacuated as IS approached the town.
As well as psychiatric nursing, she has qualifications in Guidance and Counselling (with a minor in Theology), and in Management in Health and Social Care. She is currently doing a Masters degree in Urban Theology.
She is a member of Whiteinch Church of Scotland in Glasgow.
a reminder that there will be a joint service at the West Kirk, 110:30am, for Thinking Day – no service at Riverside this week.
Communion will be at 10am in Riverside on Sunday 4th March.