We are pleased to announce that we are now looking for applications for the new role of “Pastoral Assistant”. This is a Church of Scotland Ministries Council Appointment but the successful candidate will be responsible to the local Parish Minister in Dumbarton in the first instance.
The main purpose of post is to provide pastoral assistance to the congregations and parishes of Dumbarton: Riverside linked with Dumbarton: St Andrew’s Bellsmyre linked with Dumbarton: West Kirk.
The main duties will be:
- Participate in the Dumbarton Linkage ministry team under the leadership of the parish minister
- To assist the minister in a range of pastoral, congregational and community related duties
- Support, develop and provide leadership to those involved in pastoral care in the congregations
- Share in the provision of pastoral care to the Congregations and Parishes
- Visit elderly/housebound and hospitalised members and others
- Conduct funerals and funeral visits as requested by the minister
- Participate in/conduct care home services as required
- Communicate to the Kirk Session and congregation, information and vision for the work at least half yearly
- Contribute fully to the Ministries Council appraisal process
- Undertake other such duties as may be required from time to time by the parish minister
Salary: £24,277 – £27,432 pro-rata
Informal enquiries can be made to Rev Ian Johnson, 01389 726685 through the church office at email@example.com or via the Church of Scotland website churchofscotland.org.uk/about_us/vacancies_and_volunteering/ministries_council_vacancies or on the Good Moves website: goodmoves.org.uk/vacancy/33915-pastoral-assistant-dumbarton-linkage
Closing date is 12 noon Wednesday 20 December 2017
This Sunday will be a joint Remembrance Service, held at the West Kirk
This Sunday we will be celebrating a baptism during Sunday worship – welcoming a child to Christ’s world-wide family and community, the Church. The service starts at 11:30am. Family and friends are very welcome – please ask one of the duty elders at the front door if you’d like help or advice finding somewhere to sit but feel free to sit anywhere – only the front couple of pews are reserved for the Sunday School children. Hymn books and orders of service are given out at the front door. Tea and coffee is served in the main hall after the service.
If you want to know more about baptism click on this link: http://www.dumbartonriverside.org.uk/…/special-ser…/baptism/
You can find us on Google Maps
There will be an important joint meeting of the Congregational Board and Kirk Session which, before normal business, will discuss the latest Presbytery Plan for the Church of Scotland in the town of Dumbarton. Members of the Presbytery Planning Committee will be present to answer questions about their proposal for a triple linkage between Riverside, The West Kirk and St Andrews.
Moira Killbourn died on Monday 28 August. Her funeral will be held at Cardross Crematorium at 12.15pm on Wednesday 6 September.
Margaret Robertson died on Wednesday 30 August. Her funeral will be held at Cardross Crematorium at 1.15pm on Friday 8 September.
Billy Andrew died on 31 August. His funeral will be at Cardross Crematorium on Friday 8 September at 2.15pm.
John Wilson died on Thursday 31 August. His funeral will be held in Riverside Parish Church at 11am on Tuesday 12 September, followed by burial at Dumbarton Cemetery at 11.45am.
Messy Church returns after the summer break on 30th September 2017. If you’ve been before, welcome back!
New participants of all ages are very welcome – please contact the church office if you’d like more details.
Sunday services start at 11:30am from September through to the end of November.