- There are people in our parishes who have problems with alcohol, drugs or other substances. They often sit alongside other problems – physical or mental health issues, complex and difficult family relationships, unemployment, difficulty in maintaining regularity or structure in life, poor educational attainment and so on.
- Pray for them, that they will find the support they need to break out of their addictions and to cope with the other issues in their lives.
- Pray for their families, friends and neighbours who are trying to cope with their problems.
- Pray for those who work with people with addiction problems
- ‘Old age doesn’t come alone’. For some it means physical problems – restricted mobility, chronic pain, difficulty breathing, spells in and out of hospital, adjusting to not being able to do things you used to do, adjusting to losing your independence and having to rely on others. For other people it is the mind that is affected as forgetfulness or dementia develops. It is stressful and distressing.
- Pray for those who are experiencing the problems of age in their own lives, and those who are having to cope with them in relatives, friends or neighbours.
- Pray too for those who work with older people who have age-related problems
- Attitudes to people with disabilities, learning difficulties, ‘conditions’ or ‘syndromes’ have changed markedly over the last two generations. They are now much more readily included in the mainstream of society. But coping with a family member, friend or neighbour can still be hard work.
- Pray for continuing change in attitudes, and greater inclusion.
- Pray that those who have disabilities etc will be enabled to reach their full potential.
- Pray for those who have to cope/ look after them, that they will have the stamina and patience they need
Recent News From Riverside
Quick links to our main pages:
- About Riverside
- Dumbarton Parish Church History
- Dumbarton: Riverside linked with Dumbarton: West Kirk
- The Present Church Building
- Latest News
- 1st Dumbarton Brownies
- 1st Dumbarton Girl Guides
- 1st Dumbarton Rainbows
- 1st Dumbarton Scout Group
- 1st/2nd Dumbarton Boys’ Brigade
- 2nd Dumbarton Girl Guides
- After Eights
- Church Of Scotland Guild
- Good Companions
- Junior Badminton Club
- Ladies Badminton
- Last Monday Group
- Messy Church
- Riverside Carpet Bowling Club
- Riverside Gateway
- Riverside Ramblers
- Social and Projects Committee
- Sunday School
- Tuesday Lunch Club
- Youth Group
- About Riverside
Join us on Facebook